May 19, 2020
Wilmington Ice House , Wilmington
Come down to the Wilmington Ice House and give curling a try!
Our trained curling instructors will teach you the fundamentals of the game, and get you out
on the ice to try out what you’ve learned! You can expect:
- A brief history of the game, curling in the south, and our club
- The fundamental skills of the game, throwing, sweeping, strategy
- How scoring works
You’ll learn best by doing!
- Moving around on the ice safely and confidently
- About grippers and sliders, hacks and brooms
- How to deliver the stone to the house
- Sweeping effectively while remaining stable on the ice
Come ready to play!
We will supply all equipment you’ll need out on the ice. You’ll need warm, loose fitting clothing and
clean, flat, rubber soled shoes. Temperature in the ice house will be around 45 – 50 degrees, so no need to bundle up too much.
See you on the ice!